Hai Sai/Tai OkiJETs!
The month of September will see to some new and exciting events for all OkiJETs. Here is a list of all upcoming events:
Beach Clean-up in Nakagusuku – September 8th (Sunday)
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am.
- Starting this year, we hope to participate on a bi-monthly project that serves and gives back to the local communities. Each time, we will aim to clean a different beach. It is a fun, and interactive way to not only appreciate the island, but to also become more familiar with your new home.
- For this event, we will be doing a beach clean-up and the Okinawa Beach Cleanup group. https://www.facebook.com/ProtectOki/
- We ask anyone interested to please RSVP by September 2nd to give us a head count
- Location: https://goo.gl/maps/8L69zhqYVvM8KrraA
The Valley of Gangala Tour – September 28th (Saturday)
- 10:30 am – 1:30 pm
- This tour will take place in a near mystical place of limestone, jungle, and archaeological wonder. The Valley of Gangala is an experience of Okinawa’s inner jungles that is safe, beautiful, and educational. It includes not just some of the earliest human remains found in Japan, but also hiking routes, and picturesque scenery.
- The tour is first come first serve with a maximum of 20 participants
- We ask individuals to RSVP by September 2nd so we can book and reserve our spaces.
- Cost: ¥ 3,000 for adults (price of the English language tour), FREE for children under 15 years old
- Location: 202, Tamagusuku Maekawa, Nanjo-shi, Okinawa, 901-0616, Japan
Hokkaido Snowcation – February 7th -10th
- It is with great pleasure that OkiAJET announces that this year, we have teamed up with the AJET board in Hokkaido, to present to you, Snowcation!
- Snowcation is an annual event hosted by the AJET board in Hokkaido (HAJET). This year, HAJET has kindly extended to us an opportunity to visit their beautiful prefecture during their famous wintertime Sapporo Snow Festival. The event lasts approximately 4 days, and HAJET has agreed to set aside 10 guaranteed spots for any Okinawan ALT who is interested in accepting their offer.
- The Sapporo Snow Festival has been held for nearly 70 years in Hokkaido’s prefectural capital. It is famous for it’s incredible variety of snow sculptures, winter activities, an immense variety of food and drink, and an opportunity to explore and experience Japan’s unique winter.
- Registration starts on September 1st.
- Cost: ¥ 59,000: to be paid in two installments of ¥ 29,500 on October 31st and December 2nd.
- These payments include:
- Accommodations for participants in the heart of Sapporo
- Ski/snowboarding lessons and passes OR a guided snowshoe hike
- Access to a Jokankei hot spring
- An Enkai with HAJET members and other Snowcation participants
- Not included in these payments will be:
- The cost of transportation from Okinawa to Hokkaido (the earlier you book, the better since prices will skyrocket about two months prior to the event)
- Personal expenses, meals, and spending money during your time in Hokkaido for 4 days (keep in mind that it might be expensive)
- These payments include:
- Contact: For all general inquiries, please contact email@example.com